International Linke Forum

Welcome on the International Linke Forum!
Please login or register!

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Due to the latest information the band is taking a little break.

Share | 

Green Day

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Emillia
L's Admin
L's Admin

Female Age : 26

PostSubject: Green Day    Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:50 am

I will start first.
One of the band who I think is brilliant is... Green Day!!

Biography
Green Day is an American rock band formed in 1987. The band is composed of three members, they are: Billie Joe Armstrong (guitar, vocals), Mike Dirnt (vocal accompaniment, bass) and Tré Cool (drums).
Band's debut album, called "Dookie" became an office success in 1994 when they sold 10 million copies in the U.S.. Because of this, the band Green Day was widely credited with other California punk bands like The Offspring and Rancid, with reviving interest in promoting punk rock in the United States.
The albums "Insomniac", "Nimrod" and "Warning" were not successful album "Dookie", but still enjoyed success, these take the double platinum and gold, respectively.
In 2004, the band released the album "American Idiot" (my favourite!!) which brought attention to the younger generation the band managed to record a total of 5 million albums sold in the U.S.
The band has also received three Grammy Awards, the prize of "Best Album" for the album "Dookie", "Best Rock Album" for his album "American Idiot" and award "Record of the Year" for "Boulevard of Broken Dreams''.
Green Day's albums have sold over 65 million records worldwide, 22 million only in the United States.
In May 2009, the punk-rock band, Green Day has released a new album. It is called "21st Century Breakdown."

Some videoclips

American Idiot

Boulevard of Broken Dreams

Jesus of Suburbia

In my oppinion, this guys are totally crazy and awesome!
I wait your opinions! :)

Back to top Go down
http://linke.forumz.ro

Green Day
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
International Linke Forum :: ENTERTAINMENT :: Artist or bands.-
Jump to: